Southwest Youth & Family Services is following the guidance from King County Public Health to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Due to safety precautions, we are limiting the number of volunteer activities we are offering. Please review the necessary information to learn more about volunteering.
Many of our programs depend on volunteers to help make them happen. We have fun and rewarding volunteer opportunities on both a long-term and short-term basis including:
- After-school tutoring
- Reading Buddies
- Youth Mentoring
- Event and marketing assistance
- One-time group projects
- Workshop facilitation for youth and/or adults (computer skills, cooking, nutrition, arts, exercise, etc.)
- … and more!
Volunteering at SWYFS sends a powerful message to young people that you care about them and their potential. Some of our volunteer needs include:
- Reading with elementary-age students after school (bilingual a plus)
- Cleaning and fixing up community garden spaces
- Assisting with upcoming development events and acknowledgments
- Supporting outreach efforts for marketing
- And more…
- All volunteers who work with children must pass a Background Check, including Fingerprinting.
- We do not accept court-ordered volunteers.
- We welcome group and family volunteers when appropriate for the program.
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 must be approved by the site or be volunteering with an adult family member.
- All volunteers must complete a SWYFS Volunteer Application before they can begin volunteering.