All of our offices are closed to the public, and volunteering has been temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Many of our programs depend on volunteers to help make them happen. We have fun and rewarding volunteer opportunities on both a long-term and short-term basis including:
- After-school tutoring
- Reading Buddies
- Youth Mentoring
- Event and marketing assistance
- One-time group projects
- Workshop facilitation for youth and/or adults (computer skills, cooking, and nutrition, arts, exercise, etc.)
- … and more!
Some of our volunteer needs include:
- Reading with elementary age students after school (bilingual a plus)
- Cleaning and fixing up community garden spaces
- Assisting with upcoming development events
- and knowledge
- Former patients wanting to “give back”
- Teens, college students, or adults exploring careers
- All volunteers who work with children must pass a Background Check including Fingerprinting.
- We do not accept court-ordered volunteers.
- We welcome group and family volunteers when appropriate for the program.
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 must be approved by the site or be volunteering with an adult family member.
- All volunteers must fill out a SWYFS Volunteer Application before they can begin volunteering.