Southwest Youth and Family Services works to create communities in southwest Seattle and King County in which culturally and economically diverse families, youth and children thrive and prosper. In partnership with families, schools and communities, we promote healthy family functioning, early childhood learning, student academic success, and youth development.
SWYFS is currently hiring for the following position(s).
Position Title: Office Manager
Supervisor: Administrative Director
Classification: Administrative Services II
Hours: 36 hours per week (FT)
Salary: $33,700 – $37,440 DOE
Benefits: Health, dental, life and disability insurance; paid holiday, sick and vacation leave; Costco membership
The Office Manager position is a member of the Southwest Youth and Family Services Administrative Team, and plays a key role in overall agency operations. The person in this role provides a high level of administrative support to agency management and all sites, works independently in attending to daily operational issues, oversees human resources, facilities usage and provides front desk coverage as needed.
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Assist Accounting Coordinator as needed
- Create and maintain personnel files and new hire/volunteer packets
- Maintain HR database
- Conduct new employee orientation, new hire reporting, benefit plan enrollment and background checks
- Monitor training files and credentialing of clinical staff
- Coordinate and process the annual health benefits open enrollment
- Keep abreast of State and Federal HR related regulations, e.g. FMLA, FLSA, ACA
- Provide advanced level administrative support to management and direct service staff
- Provide tech and general support to all sites and programs
- Resolving superficial IT issues (internet and phone connectivity; hardware issues, etc)
- Primary administrative support to satellite locations
- Centralize purchasing for all sites and programs
- Fleet management for SWYFS vans
- Assist Administrative Director with building maintenance and equipment as needed.
- Maintain file and record keeping systems for individual program needs
- Answer multi-line phones; cover breaks and absences of receptionist position
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Screen (conduct background checks, etc.) and connecting volunteers to sites and opportunities
- Assist site managers with training and orientation for volunteers
- Volunteer recognition
- Organize volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks
- Create and maintain volunteer files and records
- B.A. or A.A and equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an Administrative Support position
- Significant experience in HR, Office Management or similar procedural environment
- Experience working in a human service setting, social justice or community service required
- Familiarity with Seattle area community resources
- Experience working with a diverse staff and clientele and commitment to cultural competency
- Strong ability to maintain confidentially
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, and Access skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with excellent follow through skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Office Manager in subject line; position closes October 30, 2014.