Southwest Youth and Family Services needs YOU!
Many of our programs would cease to exist without people volunteering their time and energy to make them happen. We have fun and rewarding volunteering opportunities on both a long-term and short-term basis including:
Event and marketing assistance
One-time group projects
Workshop facilitation for youth and/or adults (computer skills, cooking and nutrition, arts, exercise, etc.)
Some of our current volunteer needs include:
- Reading with elementary age students after school (bilingual a plus)
- Cleaning and fixing up community garden spaces
- Assisting with upcoming development events
If you are interested in volunteering with SWYFS please make sure that you read the volunteer requirements listed below and email or call us.
- All volunteers who work with children must pass a Background Check including Fingerprinting.
- We do not accept court ordered volunteers.
- We welcome group and family volunteers when appropriate for the program.
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 must be approved by the site or be volunteering with an adult family member.
- All volunteers must fill out a SWYFS Volunteer Application before they can begin volunteering.