Southwest Youth and Family Services works to create communities in southwest Seattle and King County in which culturally and economically diverse families, youth and children thrive and prosper. In partnership with families, schools and communities, we promote healthy family functioning, early childhood learning, student academic success, and youth development.
SWYFS is currently hiring for a full time front desk Administrative Assistant. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position closes January 30, 2015. JOB DESCRIPTION Front Desk Admin Assist (full time)
Title: Administrative Assistant – Reception
Supervisor: Administrative Director
Classification: Administrative Services II
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: $15 – $17 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; Costco membership
Revised: January 2015
The Front Desk/Administrative Assistant position is a member of the Southwest Youth and Family Services Administrative Team, and is responsible for assisting in its successful operation, including welcoming and directing families/clients, providing administrative and clerical support, acting as assistant to Administrative Director, and working on projects with other staff as requested by supervisor and as time allows. As the first contact with the community, the person in this position is responsible for setting a welcoming and supportive tone for visitors and callers.
• Answer, announce and route calls.
• Answer questions related to SWYFS programs and services.
• Assist callers in locating other community resources.
• Maintain current extension / voicemail lists and staff logs.
• Direct participants to activities
• Notify counseling staff of client arrival and note on counselor schedule and client financial folder
• Assist clients in filling out intake paperwork or school applications as necessary.
• Collect/document receipt of payment for counseling sessions.
• Ensure necessary forms and documents are available at the front desk.
• Order office and program supplies
• Sort and route incoming mail.
• Log in any incoming revenue.
• Provide administrative support to management and staff as needed.
1. Experience working in a human service setting preferred.
2. Experience in or ability to work well with a culturally diverse staff and clientele.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
4. Proficient in MS Office and general office equipment
5. Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a lively environment.
6. Experience using multi-line phone system.
7. Excellent attendance and punctuality.
8. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred